Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dancing With The Moon


Dad is not at home today
Walking under the moon with mum after dinner
Above the sky shines the round, silver Moon
I know the Moon will never shine by itself
It steals the light from the Sun
I noticed my shadow, taller than mum
And mum's hand seemed to be smaller in my hand
Under the moonlight, I see her shoulder-length hair
And I also see some wrinkles
On her smiling face when I talk to her
It was different 15 years ago
Where my shadow was shorter
My hand was smaller
And mummy looked younger

Seeing this
I realize my parents are getting older
Yet their smiles never change or fade
No matter how stubborn I am
No matter how worst I sometimes behave
Their anger will recede after that
And I always earn their forgiveness
I should thank them for bringing me to this world
Even though sometimes I don't really like the world

They never ask me to repay them anything
All I know is to survive and make them proud of me
I should always stay happy and never bring tears to them
Deep inside, I know they are the one 
Who always keep me walking and standing up
No matter how battered or how bruised I am
They are the pillars of my strength
I can't put in words to tell them that
I really LOVE THEM...

No comments:

Post a Comment