Tuesday, October 25, 2011

If I had 6 Toes




Don't be startled...
This is not an essay title for primary school students...
Sometimes through chatting, my friends inspire me...
They teach me and make me reflect about life...
Well, last night I chat with my friend, C...
Then, I half-jokingly telling her that I have 6 toes...
And she is like skeptical about that...
Because we always wear shoes, covering up our feet...
I bet no friends will keep on glancing at our feet when talking with us...
Unless that person have a serious case of feet fetish...
I didn't know why I'm telling the 6 toes joke...
But I felt bad after telling the joke...
A person with *6 toes?
5 normal toes with an extra toe...
It does not count as handicapped, I think...
He or she also doesn't hope to be borne like this...
It's not a curse or neither gifted...
It may be difficult for them to wear shoes and socks...
Society might see them as freaks or "special" too...
Due to the "extra-ness" on their limbs...
However, they are also human with emotions...
And not all people like being "special"...
Or becoming the center of attraction...
In my opinion...
We should play our role well in the society...
Giving them sufficient attention, support and care...
In order to boost their self-confidence and self-esteem...
Being able to interact and socialize in the society...^^


* Polydactyly or polydactylism (from Ancient Greek πολύς (polus) "many" + δάκτυλος (daktulos) "finger"), also known as hyperdactyly, is a congenital physical anomaly in humans, dogs, and cats having supernumerary fingers or toes.



No comments:

Post a Comment